Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Final Goodbye



After 45 days travelling the world and 100 plus meetings we finished up saying goodbye to four of the team in San Francisco.We flew out Friday night and skiped Saturday landing in Sydney on Sunday morning and then ariving in Dubbo in the early afternoon.

I have had the great honour to travel with nine very different characters that all made our trip a great success for all involved.

There were mixed feelings on parting as we have become good friends and although we were all excited to be heading home there was also a realisation that we had just experiened a once in a lifetime trip.I would like to thank my brothers in farming for their friendship whilst travelling as well as GRDC who are sponsoring my Nuffield Scholarship. Thanks also to Jim Geltch as he works day and night, and appears to know someone of influence in almost every country in the world. This made stage one of our studies a great success from our group's point of veiw. The further time goes on,the more and more aware I am of the incredible opportunity I have been given.

Thanks also to my darlings at home (Annie, Hannah, James and Grace) plus good old reliable Dad and Mum who helped Annie. Not to forget my business partners as well as Nils and Sarah who have picked up the ball while I have been away. Also to you who have been following this blog I hope this blog has painted a picture of our journey that has been interesting to you.

I will be leaving again in late July to complete my individual study and so I will leave this blog live so that it can be added to during those ten weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I love you so much.
    Yu are the best dad eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long until you head off again? We are currently in canada having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete